.

.

Wednesday 11 September 2013

BLUES RAGS ‘N’ HOLLERS


Formed in South Australia in the mid 60s. They were regulars at Adelaide's inner-city basements and cellars playing R&B and hits of the day. They recorded one single on the Leedon label ''I Just Want To Make Love To You'', a Willie Dixon cover in 1966. A very popular band of the time they moved to Melbourne in 1967 but didn't last much longer. Originally managed by Melbourne entrepreneur, Eddie Young. The band appear on the Big Beat Cellar CD compilation series (Vols 1 to 3) that was released on Nickoff Records. Vocalist David Harrison died in 1978.

 Members

Brian Coghlan (keyboards), Ted Fry (bass), David Harrison (vocals), John Hilton (guitar), Mick Patterson (drums), Andy Wilkinson (vocals, harmonica), John Carne (bass)




SINGLES
''I Just Want To Make Love To You (#89) / Got Love If You Want It'' 1966 Leedon





References

http://top100singles.blogspot.com.au/


9 comments:

  1. Hi, I have photo's of the Blues Rags 'n' Hollers if you are still looking to add one to this site. Send me an email address and I will forward one or two to you.
    Cheers C Harrison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Harry, my dads name is Andy Wilkinson and he did some of the lead vocals .. could you also send me some photos (if you still get this message) ? If you reply I will send you my email =0)

      Delete
    2. G'day...my name is John, original bass player for your Dad's group.. would like to know if he is going ok,, have not seen him since enlisting in the ADF 1966

      Delete
    3. John here....email johnnecarne@gmail.com

      Delete
    4. Hi.... My name is Alan, one of the original Blues Rags n Hollers. Would like to hear from anyone who was a part of the band. Cheers Alan .... email alfa.1@bigpond.com

      Delete
  2. Thanx Barry ....kimchallands@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barry,
    Happen to be looking on-line again, see that there is still no photo in your blank spot, were the two I sent not what you were looking for perhaps.
    Cheers Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol
    Can you send the photos to kimchallands@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue Rags were great at Elizabeth at the Octagon. They would always start with "I am a road runner" Good band if you did not see them you missed out on some great sounds and talent.

    ReplyDelete