.

.

Friday 19 December 2014

KEVIN TODD



Kevin Todd (born 1943) from Hurstville, Sydney was a regular singer on Bandstand and Johnny O'Keefe's Six O'Clock Rock television show. When he was at school he had no interest in singing in the choir because his focus was on footy. What got him started was watching other people singing on TV and Todd said at the time, ''If they could it then I could do it so I gave it a try''. Until the singing bug bit him he was all set for a career in the wholesale fruit marketing business of his godfathers firm. In 1961 he released his first single ''Linda Lea'' on the HMV label. Also, in that same year he married fellow performer Laurel Lea. The pair often performed duets together. Todd released a number of singles during the 60s.  He supported Screaming Lord Sutch's tour in 1964. Todd would later move into the club scene.




SINGLES
''Linda Lea /I Look For A Love'' 1961 HMV
''One More Fool And One More Broken Heart / The Magic Of Summer'' 1962 HMV
''Wishing Well / Never More'' 1963 HMV
''I Could If I Wanted To / Why Can't We Love'' 1964 CBS





1 comment:

  1. okay i was a kid of 1966 and have info on mick gibbens of the bluebeats around 1966 i posted on lost family and friends and found mick had passed in 2015 his son wrote to me with that info and i was so sad cause he was my friend mick originally lived in ryde nsw and i remember the place then moved to western australia and continued his music career. his son craig gibbons gave the info i am a writer so would love that yu have this info for your blog. i have some other info would love to speak with yu. can yu email me on petallpie@yahoo.com.au my name is marian

    ReplyDelete