.

.

Sunday 13 October 2013

DALE WAYNE AND THE WANDERERS


Pop singer active in the early 1960s. Appeared on Six O’Clock Rock and Teen Time. His original name is unknown as the name “Dale Wayne” was assumed when after his first appearance on Six O’Clock Rock, Johnny O’Keefe asked that viewers write in and a suggest a stage name for him. Believed to be of indigenous background. His band the Wanderers were actually Johnny O'Keefe's backing band the Dee Jays.




SINGLES
''Juke Box Hop (#98) / I'm Lonely Now'' 1960 Lee Gordon




References

http://top100singles.blogspot.com.au/


6 comments:

  1. I believe his real name was John Williams. I think he lived in the Seaforth/Balgowlah area in 1960s. I went to school with a friend of his.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dale Wayne is still alive, singing and kicking on the central coast. Keep in touch.

      Delete
    2. That's fantastic. Thanks for that

      Delete
  2. Oops, I think it was John Wilson.not Williams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the back band wasn't the Dee jays it was his own ensemble Tony Joyce Bill Mcinand Tony Curby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill McIntyre *

    ReplyDelete