.

.

Friday 15 April 2016

DENISE KEENE



Denise Keene from Cardiff, Wales began singing lessons at six, and when she was 12 appeared on a Sunday afternoon TV show, singing Welsh folk songs. The show was seen in southern Scotland, western England, and all over Wales. Denise made regular appearances on the show for 18 months and she so enjoyed it that when she came to Australia with her family in 1960, she decided that as soon as she left school, she would take up singing as a career. 

She appeared on Sing, Sing, Sing, Bandstand, and Saturday Date singing pop songs in her delightful Welsh accent. But like most of the young people starting off in show business, she found herself a steady job first. "When I feel I have enough singing engagements to keep me going, I will resign my job and concentrate on my career," she said. Denise later moved to NZ and continued her career as a member of The Maori Hakas. She also sang on the Judy Bailey track, "Colours of My Dream" in 1976. I have no further information after this period of time.








5 comments:

  1. is there a recording with out the blip faults

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will Denise ever tell us how she’s been and what she’s done since 1965? It is June of 2022 and many people the World over would like very much to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi de , I'm your cousin from cardiff, Christine keene, now Edwards if any family members still around give me a message 😊

    ReplyDelete