.

.

Thursday 23 March 2017

WHOSE MUDDY SHOES


Formed in Wollongong in the early 90s by Ewan Sommerville, Richard Steele and Jeremy Edwards, Whose Muddy Shoes combined the gritty rhythms of Delta blues with the infectious energy of vintage rock with rich vocal textures. The band were interested in writing original songs which a lot of blues bands weren't doing. Steele and Edwards had the twin guitar attack, which people loved. The band got signed to Corduruoy Records in Melbourne, where they recorded their first album 'Gasoline'. Edwards left for Europe in 1995 and was replaced by Ray Beadle. The band perform now and then.

Members

Jeremy Edwards (guitar) Justin Gross (bass) Peter Ready (drums) Richard Steele (guitar)
Ewan Sommerville (vocals, harmonica) Ray Beadle (guitar)








References

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2871232/bluesman-plays-heart-and-soul/


2 comments:

  1. I saw Whose Muddy Shoes twice in 1993. Once in Birkenhead Tavern. I bought their EP Tape that night and played it over and over again. I met Ewan a couple of years later in 1995 and he was the most approachable bloke and so modest. I saw the Ray Beadle Band at The Hornsby Inn Burdett's in 1995 and I never knew he played in this band. Ray played at my Wedding in Blues Point Rd in 1998. What a great time. I dug out the Whose Muddy Shoes tape and played it over and over again in the car on my way to work in 2002 and it kept me going through a very rough time at work in those days. Only good times ahead. David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete