.

.

Saturday 13 May 2017

THE YOUNG BLAYDES


Formed in the mid 60s in Western Australia, The Young Blaydes were one of Perth’s most popular bands at that time. They were in the era of The Times and Johnny Young and the Strangers. Their manager Victor Kallis dressed them in suits and ties like the Beatles with hair to match. Guitarist Dave Aylett wrote "Can't Fathom Fate'" recorded at Clarion Records and released by HMV– the group’s first single. Keith McGowan on 6PR gave them plenty of airplay. The group broke up as everyone had their own personal agendas and it became too hard for Victor to manage them. Had they held it together, they really could have been a very successful band internationally. Greg Wynne passed away in 2008 after a six-month battle with Leukemia.

Members

Mike Byrom (drums), Dave Aylett (guitar vocals), Greg Wynne (vocals bass), Terry Malone (guitar)




SINGLES
''Can't Fathom Fate / Alone'' 1966 HMV






References

http://surfingdownsouth.com.au/tag/the-young-blaydes-band/


3 comments:

  1. Great find !
    (I know Dave Aylett).

    Perth groups I remember from the late 60s are SSarb, Bakery, Now and Then, Swingshift and Procla.

    Keep up the great work.

    ....Ron Shaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacqueline, My name is Taylor - I am producing a documentary about rock and roll Perth in the 1960s. I am trying to get in contact with Dave Aylett in the hope of using his music in the documentary. Unfortunately I've not managed to find a way to contact him. I am wondering if you might be able to help me? Please let me know, my email is tabates11@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete