.

.

Monday 14 October 2013

PAUL WAYNE



By 1964, Paul Wayne had it all: A successful career, a recording artist who had released six singles, a powerful gutsy singing voice, an enormous quiff, the ability to share the stage with J O'K, Dig Richards, and Johnny Devlin in an infamous medley/sing-off; and a big stick to beat off the screaming girls. His recording career started in 1961 with the song ''I Like It Like That'' on the Leedon label. In the ensuing years he recorded another eleven singles on the Parlophone, RCA, CBS, Philips and Southern Star labels with ''Movin' Day'' being the most successful. 

Paul Wayne was also a handy songwriter. Other artists who recorded his songs were April Byron (You Go Ahead Baby), Bobbie Thomas (Postman) and The Cliffmores (You're Gonna Lose That Habit). He appeared on TV shows like Bandstand and Sing, Sing, Sing. It has been said after left the music he and his family ran a restaurant by the sea at Copacabana, Central Coast, NSW, called the Sea Grill Restaurant




SINGLES
''I Like It Like That - Part One / I Like It Like That - Part Two'' 1961 Leedon
''Movin' Day (#76) / Keep A Walkin'' 1962 Leedon
''You Know How / Bye Bye Baby, Bye Bye'' 1962 Leedon
''The Tango Twist / Hurtin' Game'' 1963 Leedon
''Don't Do That / Dreamin' Of You, Baby'' 1963 Leedon
''Dream For Sale / That's All Right'' 1964 Leedon
''Wonderful World Of The Young / That's All'' 1965 Parlophone
''Since I Fell For You / I Want To Thank Your Folks'' 1966 RCA
''I'm Coming Home / I Need You'' 1967 CBS
''I'm Gonna Find That Girl / You're Never Gonna Make It, Woman'' 1967 CBS
''Don't Go To San Francisco / Some Things Are Different'' 1967 CBS
''This Time It's Over / Since I Don't Have You'' 1968 Philips
''Bottle In My Hand / I Love You'' [with Anna) Leah] 1983 Southern Star




References

http://top100singles.blogspot.com.au/


2 comments:

  1. No matter how far your delvings went &/or continued you left right out a Sydneysider who "made it" in Oz show biz from when he turned Full-Time Professional in January, 1965 until the end of 1978: see the attached for verification or, as the case may be, validation: Yours Earnestly, VERNE CONDON...Sincere Sorries: there was no way I could attach the alluded-to Attachment but if I may obtain an email address from you - by return correspondence - I shall attend to the exercise in question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Verne my email address is kimchallands@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete