.

.

Tuesday, 31 January 2017

WRECKED JETS



Short lived Melbourne band formed in the late 70s. Signed to the Au Go Go they released a single in 1981 ''Can I Go Home / The Howling Life''. Guitarist Peter Tulloch and drummer Neil Osborn went on to join The Zimmerman in the mid 80s. Peter Tulloch died of cancer in 2006.

Members

Peter Tulloch (vocals guitar), Mick McGinley (vocals/guitar), Keith Nunn (bass), Neil Osborn (drums)




SINGLES
''Can I Go Home / The Howling Life'' 1981 Au-go-go 


7 comments:

  1. Yeah, . Before and ahead of their time

    ReplyDelete
  2. where are they now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Peter...from indonedia. Bali...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you Peter xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I met Peter when I was a young verdant girl barely out of my teens. We worked at a news station where he was a cameraman and I a budding journalist. We dated for about four years during the heady time as The Wrecked Jets were establishing themselves. I remember a late night sitting around trying to come up with a name for the band that would eventually be signed by Au-go-go records. Peter’s creativity behind the lens was as inspiring as his ability to pen lyrics and music. He went on to win a Walkley Award for his pictures in a current affair story. He taught me so much about film, music, motorbikes and Studebakers. I can still hear the trams up Glenferrie Rd and their steady beat. He left us too soon. xx

    ReplyDelete